Our Editor's Opinion
Directly with American Express
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Excellent, GoodCreditWeb considers people with a credit score higher than 740 to have excellent credit. A credit score between 700 and 739 is considered good credit. 2
||BT Intro APR
||Purchase Intro APR
Do you have excellent credit? If so, The Platinum Card® from American Express is an offer to research.
If you spend 5,000 on your card within three months of opening an account, you will receive 60,000 points. Along with this, cardholders receive a 200 airline fee credit on one qualifying airline every year. Best yet, there are no foreign transaction fees, which is perfect for those who travel internationally.
There is a lot to like about The Platinum Card® from American Express, so be sure to learn more.